A workshop titled "Religious Influence in Different Periods of Kurdish History" was given by the history department of the faculty of education at Koya University in the Presidency Hall.
On February 28, 2023, a workshop titled "Religious Influence in Different Periods of Kurdish History" was held in the Koya University Presidency Hall in the presence of Asst. Prof. Dr. Haider Lashkri, Vice president for Scientific and Postgraduate affairs, Asst. Prof. Dr. Qaraman Nader, Vice President for Student Affairs, and an impressive number of history department teachers and students.
Asst. Prof. Dr. Hoshmand Ali, Head of Department of History highlighted the significance of holding this workshop in his speech and stated: We in the Department of History are trying to continue holding various activities and workshops this year and in the future we will hold international workshops in the field of history, the first about the humanities crisis and the second about the Koya Anfal.
The Vice President of Koya University for Postgraduate and scientific affairs, Asst. Prof. Dr. Haider Lashkri, proceeded to convey the message of the Koya University Presidency.
Asst. Prof. Dr. Haider Lashkri stressed in his speech the significance of considering religion and its role in Kurdish history.
It is crucial for us to know our past and where we are in our history, as well as the impact of religion on the development of Kurdish history.
The program was divided into two panels where topics relating to the role of religion in Kurdish history were covered.
Panel 1: Mr. Saeed Mawlood served as the moderator.
- "The Role of Kurdish Shafi'i Scholars in the Spread of the Shafi'i Sect in Kurdistan" was the title of the research paper presented by Asst. Lect. Awaz Jamal Amin.
- Researcher Asst. Prof. Dr. Kamran Mohammed Jalal presented his research on "The Impact of Religious and Sectarian Conflict in Kurdistan in Late Ancient Times".
-Researcher Asst. Prof. Dr. Kamran Aziz Abdullah presented his paper “The absence of religious tension among the Kurds (the period of the emirates during the Abbasid period for example).
Panel 2: Asst. Lect. Kawa Tayeb served as the moderator.
- Presenting his research on the effects of the Alawite-Sunni war on the political climate in Kurdistan by Asst. Prof. Dr. Hiwa Hamid.
- Researcher Asst. Prof. Dr. Qaraman Nadir presented his paper “Religious Dimension in Arabization of Kirkuk”.
- Researcher Asst. Prof. Dr. Ismail Abdulrahman presented his paper "The Challenge of Nationalism and Religion in East Kurdistan"
The participants and researchers engaged in questions and conversations at the end of the panels, after which all researchers received certificates.